Among the most important enablers of success is having a clear vision of what we want to create. As 2012 draws to close I encourage you to take some time if you haven’t done so already to reflect, not only on the year that has been but also the year ahead. Where do you envisage you will be this time next year and what do you hope will be the highlights of 2013? Reflect on:
- The things you are passionate about achieving
- What will make you proud of yourself and your achievements
- The difference you want to make
- What you need to keep doing that has worked well for you this year
- The challenges you intend to overcome
- The fears or limiting beliefs that may hold you back
- The capabilities you want to develop
- The new things you want to do or achieve
- The external trends or influences will you need to respond to in 2013
- The people who will support you to achieve your goals
If you are a leader of other people listen to their ideas and insights about what it will take for your team and organisation to be successful. Also take the time to understand what each person in your team hopes for from 2013. Where do they want to be and what need to achieve in order to feel a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment?
2012 has been an amazing year for us all at Ryan Gately and we are excited about what is to come in 2013. The big plans on our radar include:
- Release of my second book: The People Managers Toolkit: A practical guide to getting the best from people is being written as we speak. We are very excited to be working in partnership with Wiley who will be publishing the book mid next year and;
- Opening of our Brisbane office: We are looking forward to expanding our relationships in Brisbane with Elaine Marsden one of our HR Managers due to head north in the new year
The Ryan Gately team and I wish you and your families a wonderful holiday period and look forward to sharing more great content with you in 2013.